7 Reasons to Visit Cancun Mexico
by Dave Markel
Copyright 2010 Dave Markel
Cancun has transformed from a deserted strip of sand to a world class destination for sun weary travelers in just 30 years. The 17 KM long hotel zone has resorts to fit any budget or lifestyle. There are so many attractions in and around Cancun that it is no wonder so many people choose to visit this jewel in Mexico's crown. There are 7 great reasons why you should visit Cancun
1. The Beaches - The first reason to visit Cancun is the beaches. White coral sand that is so fine you will be picking out of your belly button for weeks after you return home.
There is a 17 km long silver, white beach that is fully open and accessible to the public. Along the east coast the surf rolls in from the Caribbean Sea and creates a fun playground for those looking to body surf the day away. Along the north coast the beaches are sheltered from the waves and are calm, perfect for small children or those looking for less wave action.
2. The Food - Looking for dinner in the hotel zone is an experience in itself. There are restaurants for almost any type of palette; Mexican, Italian, Continental cuisine plus a wide selection of fast food and health conscience choices.
The interesting thing about walking through the hotel zone is that you quickly realize the restaurants are in stiff competition for your business. Restaurants hire staff to come out to you on the street with a menu and offer you the most amazing food creations. All restaurants have sample meals on display outside vying to get you to come in. It often works, seeing a lobster dinner and the likes as you walk past makes it hard not be drawn inside.
3. The Shopping - Kukulkan Plaza is the show piece of Cancun's shopping experience. With over 60,000 square meter of space and 250 shops there is no doubt that you will find exactly what you are looking for. There are many other shops and boutiques that offer everything from jewelry to authentic Mexican blankets and crafts.
One of the best shopping experiences is the street vendors. Gathering every afternoon and evening shoppers can find fabulous art work and hand made jewelry made by local artisan.
4. The Resorts - The entire length of Cancun, all 17 KM, is lined with mega resorts that offer travelers absolutely everything you could want or imagine. Spa, restaurants, recreation, you name it and there is a resort that provides it. With an all inclusive package you will hardly need to leave the resort for the duration of your holiday.
5. The Ruins - Cancun is surrounded by Mayan temples and ruins that are as old as 2000 years. The most popular are Chichen Itza and Tulum with tours visiting both locations daily. Bring lots of film (memory card), sun screen and a bunch of money for water, snacks and souvenirs.
6. The People - The locals in Cancun are wonderful. We have not gone to Cancun yet where we weren't inspired by the kindness and generosity of the locals.
7. The Ocean - It is hard to top the Caribbean. The water is as warm as a bath and a deep turquoise color. For the divers out there nearby Cozumel is rated one of the top diving sites in the world. With a large Marine park divers can dive to majestic coral walls and underwater pinnacles. Year round divers get about 120 feet of visibility.
Cancun offers a great holiday for singles and families alike. There is plenty to do and Cancun is under five hours by air from most major North American Cities. If you are in need of a break from the winter blahs give Cancun a try.
About the AuthorDave Markel is the owner of the Cancun Resort Guide. A website dedicated to providing great information about Cancun and the surrounding area. Visit his site at http://cancun-resort-guide.com
ęCopyright 2018 Gonzalezdegaldeano.com . All rights reserved.
Unauthorized duplication in part or whole strictly prohibited by international copyright law.